Thursday 9 May 2013

Brief 4 : Tutankhamen

Today I was on the Market and spotted a couple of Egyptian bits and bobs on a second hand stall. For subject matter and imagery to draw I picked up this Tutankhamen head for a fiver! I watched a documentary on the 19th dinesty of royalty within Eygpt covering Tutankhamen so I thought this would be really relavent to sketch from in relation to mine and Oli's brief.

I plan on Photographing this head from a variety of angles to draw from or produce some collage from. This will be documented as I go along.
King Tut is chiefly known for his intact tomb, discovered in Egypt's Valley of the Kings in 1922. Since then, his remains have held millions in awe over the mystery of his life and death.

NAME: King Tut

OCCUPATION: King

BIRTH DATE: c. 1341 BCE

DEATH DATE: c. 1323 BCE

PLACE OF BIRTH: Egypt

PLACE OF DEATH: Egypt

ORIGINALLY: Tutankhaten

AKA: Tutankhamen

AKA: Tutankhamun

AKA: King Tut

AKA: The Boy King of Egypt

AKA: The Boy King

AKA: The Boy Pharaoh

AKA: Boy Pharaoh Tutankhamun